ROBERT BURNIER (American, b. 1969) lives and works in Chicago, IL. He received his MFA from the School of the Art Institute in 2016 and a BS in Computer Science from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in 1991. He has had recent solo exhibitions at Massey Klein Gallery (New York, NY), David B. Smith Gallery (Denver, CO), and The Arts Club of Chicago (Chicago, IL). Recent group exhibitions include New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art at the University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN), Corvi-Mora (London, UK), Vacation (New York, NY), Korn Gallery at Drew University (Madison, NJ), Mana Contemporary (Chicago, IL), The Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL), and Elmhurst Art Museum (Elmhurst, IL). Burnier’s large-scale installation Black Tiberinus was on view on Chicago’s riverfront 2018-2019. He has exhibited at art fairs in New York, Miami, Chicago, London, Mexico City, Milan and Copenhagen. His work is included in numerous public and private collections. His concurrent solo exhibition O One, O None, Through the Night, is on view at blank projects (Cape Town, SA) September 22nd through November 5th, 2022.
- ‘Mayor Emanuel and DCASE Announce New Public Art Installation by Chicago-Based Artist Robert Burnier’, Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, December 2018 (PDF)
- ‘Black Tiberinus is coming to the Chicago Riverwalk’, Chicago Tribune, July 2018 , (PDF)
- ‘In Profile: Robert Burnier’, Newcity Art, January 2016 , (PDF)
- ‘Breakout Artists 2016’, Newcity Art, April 2016 , (PDF)
- ‘In and Out of Virtual Space: An Interview with Robert Burnier’, Bad at Sports, February 2014 , (PDF)