JEREMY BOLEN (American, b. 1977) lives and works in Chicago, IL. He received an MFA from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2012 and a BFA from Columbia College (Chicago, IL) in 2002. He has had recent solo exhibitions at Museum of Contemporary Art (Atlanta, GA), Origins Centre Museum (Johannesburg, South Africa), Public Works (Chicago, IL), PACT Zollverein (Essen, Germany), Newspace Center for Photography (Portland, OR), and Andrew Rafacz Gallery (Chicago, IL). Recent group exhibitions include The Antenna (New Orleans, LA), The Anderson (Richmond, VA), National Center for Contemporary Arts (Minsk, Belarus), Co-Prosperity (Chicago, IL), Q.Arma Gallery (Minneapolis, MN), Sullivan Galleries (Chicago, IL), PACT Zollverein (Essen, Germany), Charles A. Hartman Gallery (Portland, OR), IDEA Space, Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO), Haus der Kulturen der Welt (Berlin, Germany), and the Synchrotron Radiation Center (Stoughton, WI).
- ‘September Art Picks’, Sixty Inches From Center, September 6 2022
- ‘Episode 818: Public Works and The New Earth’, Bad At Sports, September 14 2022 ,
- ‘Material is the message: Nina Barnett & Jeremy Bolen's 'Weight in the Air'’, Artthrob, June 7 2022 ,
- ‘Escaping the Archivist’s Folly: A Review of Jeremy Bolen at Soccer Club Club’, Newcity Art, January 9 2019 , (PDF)
- ‘Fukushima, Vieques, Rocky Flats: Radioactive photos tell nuclear stories’, Ars Technica, July 8 2016 , (PDF)
- ‘Review: Phantoms in the Dirt’, After Image, Volume 42, Issue 3 2014 (PDF)
- ‘The Stage of Scientific Reproduction: An Interview with Jeremy Bolen’, Art 21 Magazine, February 26 2013 , (PDF)