CAROLINE WELLS CHANDLER (American, b. 1985) lives and works in Queens, NY. He received an MFA from Yale University in 2011 and a BFA from Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX). Recent solo exhibitions include MOCA Tucson (Tucson, AZ), Galerie Eric Mouchet (Paris, France), MRS. (Maspeth, NY) and Andrew Rafacz (Chicago, IL). Recent group exhibitions include MOCA Detroit (Detroit, MI), Pace University Art Gallery (New York, NY), and Marvin Gardens (Queens, NY). He will be included in forthcoming group exhibitions at Vestfossen Kunstlaboratorium, Vestfossen (Norway), John Caich Katzen Arts Center, American University (Washington, DC), and Pensacola Museum of Art (Pensacola, FL). Forthcoming solo exhibitions include Diablo Rosso (Panama City, Panama) and Andrew Rafacz (Chicago, IL).
- ‘Interview: Caroline Wells Chandler's Queertopia’, Juxtapoz, March 27 2018 , (PDF)
- ‘Artist of the Week: Caroline Wells Chandler’, LVL3, October 31 2018 (PDF)
- ‘Meet The 'Nasty Stitches' Making Embroidery And Knitting Political’, Huffington Post, June 21 2017 , (PDF)
- ‘Caroline Wells Chandler: Crotcheting Utopia’, AEQAI, February 10 2017 , (PDF)
- ‘Q&A with Caroline Wells Chandler’, Maake Magazine, , (PDF)
- ‘Crocheting a a Queer Vision of Art History’, Hyperallergic, February 24 2016 , (PDF)
- ‘Caroline Wells Chandler and the in-between’, Two Coats of Paint, March 6 2016 , (PDF)